Motion for Default Judgment

A Motion for Default Judgment is necessary if a plaintiff wishes to request additional monies (i.e. interest or expenses) above a sum certain (the amount asked for in the complaint plus the $150.00 costs).  If such additional monies are not requested, a Request for Entry of Default Judgment should be filed instead.  Previous to filing such Motion or Request, the plaintiff must file a Request for Entry of Default, and the Court must enter an Entry of Default.  Be sure to follow the assigned judge's procedures for following through with motions, which are available on the Court's website.

These instructions assume you have already accessed and logged into CM/ECF (see How to Access CM/ECF).

E-Filing Instructions


Updated: April 18, 2003